2021 FALL WESTERN TECHNICAL SCHOOL
November 15 - 19, 2021
Sheraton Cavalier Hotel
2620 32nd Avenue NE, Calgary AB
What’s New at the Fall School…
For obvious reason, we offered a much smaller school in November 2020. Now we’re back with a full curriculum and many exciting new and existing courses designed to support the new credentialling program. Here’s a sample of what we’re offering in 2021:
- Advanced Detailing Doors, Frames & Hardware (DHC307) … This course builds on the principles learned in Intermediate Detailing, Doors, Frames & Hardware and leaves students with the skills needed in everyday decision-making.
- Installation Coordination & Project Management (COR153) … Learn how to coordinate installations and gain techniques that will lead to your success as a project manager.
- Introduction to Spec Writing (COR147) … This course is essential for those pursuing their AHC, CDC, EHC or DHSC credentials.
- DHT Exam Prep … We have experienced a nearly 100% success rate when students take the prep course.
- Onsite Exams … Students have the opportunity to write both the DHT and the DHC Certification exams — you must have your DHT before you can write the DHC exam.
And Be Sure to Remember...
Students should make a note of the recommended pre-requisites for their selected courses. If you haven’t taken the pre-requisites or gained the necessary experience, your results may be less than favourable.
Courses run daily from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Registration Fee includes: tuition, course material, breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks
COVID-19 - The DHI Canada Technical School will abide by all restrictions and requirements in place at the time of the school. These details will be confirmed with students as they become available.
- There are no prerequisite courses required to take any course, however, there are recommended preparative courses and/or comparable knowledge or experience necessary to help students successfully complete specific courses. These details are listed in the course description along with the Learning Outcome Statements provided for each course.
- Some highly technical, complex courses may require that if the student has not completed the recommended preparative courses, they are still required to successfully complete a complimentary knowledge assessment exam prior to taking the course. This is critical for the student to demonstrate familiarity with the prerequisite knowledge to prepare them to successfully complete the course and exam.
- Even where not required, these complimentary knowledge assessment exams are available in DHI TopClass to be used as a guide for the student to determine their preparedness to take a class. However, the course descriptions and Learning Outcome Statements should also be reviewed completely as the assessment exams may not cover all topics included in a course.
- Reference the DHI Education Resource Guide for complete information – www.dhi.org/education.
- DHI recommends to new students, and those with minimum field experience, that they follow the suggested education path when registering for classes.
Exam Prep Courses
- Exam prep courses are designed to assess student’s skills and knowledge in preparation for taking the certification exams.
Registration Fee Policies
- Member fee applies to all DHI individual member and corporate distributor members.
- Registration fee includes tuition, course material, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks.
- A $200 administration fee will be applied to cancellations received until October 16, 2020.
- After October 16, 2020, no refunds will be given but substitutions will be allowed at any time.
Required References and Technical Catalogues
- For courses requiring reference materials and/or product catalogues, we recommend
- students ship them directly to the hotel, to be held in their name, in sufficient time for arrival before classes start.
- Students can also bring their laptop into class to access these resource materials online.
- Registrations are processed in the order they are received.
- In cases where a class is sold out, registrants are placed on a wait list.
- Due to COVID-19, class sizes are limited
- If students are not able to attend the course of their choice, they may opt to transfer to another course, or another DHI Canada class session, or seek a refund.
- Classes may be cancelled if a minimum number of 5 students are not registered.
- DHI Canada is pleased to offer members the special rate of $139.00 per night (single or double occupancy)
- Accommodation must be booked with the Sheraton Cavalier Hotel at 403-291-0192.
- Reservations must be booked by November 2, 2021 to guarantee this rate. Be sure to identify yourself as being with DHI Canada.
Click here to book your group rate for DHI Canada - Calgary Nov 2021
How to Register
Multiple Registration Discount – Member companies registering 5 or more employees are entitled to a 5% discount. Discount is calculated on the online form.
To register, you can either use our secure online server or simply download the printable Registration Form (PDF Format), fill it out completely and mail or fax your completed registration to the address/fax number indicated on the form.