Atlantic Provinces Regional School
Door, Frame, and Architectural Hardware Applications - (COR117)
April 24-27, 2023
Hampton Inn & Suites Halifax-Dartmouth, 65 Cromarty Drive, Dartmouth, NS B3B 0G2
Fee: Members - $2,520 (plus GST) | Non-Members - $2,920 (plus GST)
Today’s construction projects use some of the most advanced materials and products ever made. Fire- rated and means of egress door openings have specify requirements they must meet to be able to function correctly. This course teaches you about the doors and frames (e.g., hollow metal, wood, and aluminum) in use today. Many hardware items can be employed in more than one application, and knowing which application is correct for a particular opening will make you indispensable to your customers and clients. An assortment of product samples are used in this course to help you identify many of the hardware items in use today.
You will learn how to:
- Read door and frame details
- Determine wall/partition construction
- Select frame types and anchors
- Explain different types of door and frame construction
- Use door accessories (e.g., lite kits, louvers)
- Size special-purpose hinges (e.g., wide-throw)
- Learn the application of raised-barrel hinges and swing-clear hinges
- Select proper strike plates
- Size push/pull bars
- Resolve closer/overhead stop/holder conflicts
- Size thresholds and saddles
Recommended Prior Courses:
- COR101 – Fundamentals of Architectural Doors and Hardware
- COR102 – Introduction to Building Codes
- Classes run daily Monday to Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Registration Fee Policies
- Member fee applies to all DHI individual members or any employee of a corporate member.
- Registration fee includes tuition, course material, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
- A $200 administration fee will be applied to cancellations received until March 27, 2023; no refunds after this date. Substitutions are permitted at any time.
Multiple Registration Discount
- Companies that register five or more employees are entitled to a reduced registration fee based on the number of students enrolled. Contact DHI Canada for more information - 416-492- 6502 or email@example.com
- This class might be cancelled if there are fewer than 5 students registered.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate all student registrations.
A block of rooms (April 24-27, 2023) is available for the DHI Canada group at the discounted rate of $159.00 (standard) which will be available to book until midnight on March 24, 2023 or until the block is full; whichever occurs first.
To make reservations, enter dates, click on Special Rates and under the Group Code field, type DHI, then Check Rooms & Rates. Or call toll free at 1-877-406-7701 and ask for the DHI Canada group rate (code DHI).